Labourer - Public Domain Cleaning
- Permanent, full-time positions
- Entry level with opportunities for promotion
- Clean and help maintain town centres
The City of Ryde is seeking motivated, enthusiastic "all rounders" to join our Public Domain cleaning team. Your day to day work will involve a variety of labouring activities associated with the cleansing of town centres. You will use your skills with hand tools also help repair and maintain street furniture and similar equipment in town centres.
This is an interesting, busy role in a small team and will provide you with opportunities to build a long term future at the City at Ryde.
- Physically capable of carrying out labouring/cleaning work
- Experience using cleaning equipment such as high pressure gurneys, blower/vacs and similar hand held tools
- Be safety focused and hold a current Work Health & Safety General Induction Certificate
- Have basic literacy and numeracy skills in order to fulfill the record keeping responsibilities of the role
- Hold a current NSW drivers' licence, ideally MR or higher
Your base commencing rate of pay will be from $23-$25 per hour based on working a 38 hour week with weekend overtime available. Your working conditions include free uniform, a rostered day off each 3rd week and on-going training and development.
How to apply:
Apply now using our easy on-line application process. Please note you do not need a “password” to submit your application, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system.
Please note: As well as answering the questions below, you can attach your Resume electronically as part of your application. If you are unable to attach your Resume, please complete the application questions and have a hard copy of your Resume available in case you are selected for interview. If you have any questions about how to apply, please contact Trish Hansen in our HR team on 99532 8039.
If you have questions about the job, please contact Joe Wright on (02) 9952 8165 between the hours of 7.30 am - 3.00 pm Monday- Friday.
Closing Date: Wednesday 28 March at 11.30 pm
(Note: applications for this position may be used for similar positions in the future without further advertising)